Microsoft Office 365 is the new digital workspace for YMCA of the Fox Cities staff.
This user guide will show you how to get started on Office 365, including:
- How to logon to Office 365 at portal.office.com
- The credentials you should use.
- The steps you need to complete the first time you log into Office 365.
- Show you the Office 365 homepage from where you can access your new email via Outlook and other Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
How to log into Office 365
- Open your preferred browser and go to portal.office.com
- When prompted at the Microsoft sign in page, enter your new YMCA of the Fox Cities account email address.( This is usually the first letter in your first name followed by your last name. E.g., Jane Doe jdoe@ymcafoxcities)
- Enter your password.(This will be provided by your supervisor for your first log in.)
- Click Sign in.
- During your first sign in you will prompted to change your password.
- Once your new password is set you'll see a screen requesting more information, click Next.
- To keep your account safe, you'll need to setup a second method of authentication. Click Here for instructions on how to setup Microsoft Authenticator on your smart phone or Click the link towards the bottom of the screen that says "I want to use a different method" to have it call your desk phone.
This guide will go thru the steps on setting up multi-factor authentication using the call a phone method.
- Select Phone and click Confirm
- Enter a number where you can be reached at and select the Call me option and click Next.
- Microsoft will then call the number you entered and have you press the # key to verify yourself.
- Once the verification has finished you will click the Next button.
- You will then receive a Sucess! message where you will be able to proceed by clicking the Done button.
- Choose if you would like to stay signed into your account by clicking Yes or No.
- You will then see the Microsoft Office 365 landing page.